Site breadcrumb trail...
Criteria for membership of the Community Forum
Groups interested in participating in the Galway County Community & Voluntary Forum must:
- Complete official registration form.
- Be an active group in County Galway
- Have an adopted set of written rules/constitution/statement of aims and objectives.
- Hold Annual General Meetings
- Be accessible and open to prospective members in line with the group’s stated aims and objectives
- Be an independent body with its own decision making powers and not a sub-committee of any other group entitled to affiliate to the Forum
- Be non-party political
- Have either a county-wide impact or a relevance in a locality or a number of localities in an area
Membership of the Community Forum is subject to the following conditions:
- A registered group that disbands shall lose its right of attendance and representation.
- Registered groups should select a delegate to attend Local Area Forum meetings to ensure continuity.
- Groups not satisfying all of the above criteria may be admitted to associate membership on the recommendation of their Local Area Forum and the approval of the County Executive.
WORKING TOGETHER TO STRENGTHEN COMMUNITIES